If you love drinking cappuccinos and lattes on a regular basis, you don’t have to get your favorite hot drinks from your local coffee shop.
By purchasing a milk frother, you can make them in the comfort of your home.
What’s a milk frother? A milk frother is a small kitchen tool that aerates milk so that it becomes thicker and heavier, while its bubbles keep it light.
A frother is the ultimate way to getting delicious and creamy coffee in a flash!
With that in mind, here’s the best milk frother for delicious DIY coffee. We’ll also feature some of the best alternative products to suit your coffee addiction and lifestyle.
Best Milk Frother
Huogary Milk Frother
This milk frother takes the winning spot on our list because of all the excellent features it offers. Let’s check them out!
- This Huogary milk frother is automatic and allows you to enjoy a variety of coffee drinks, such as lattes, macchiatos, and cappuccinos.
- You’ll have lovely foam in just one or two minutes! So, you won’t have to go without foamy coffee on busy mornings.
- You can make different milk textures with this best electric milk frother.
- This milk frother is constructed with double walls that have vacuum insulation and a non-stick coating. This keeps it durable while also ensuring it’s easy to clean.
- It has a press button function that can be used to make cold or hot froth.
- This best automatic milk frother comes with two additional whisks – a heat whisk for heating milk and a frother whisk to produce froth.
- Whether you use full-cream milk or other types of milk, people have said that this best rated milk frother works very well. It’s versatile!
- This milk frother doesn’t shut off automatically when the milk is hot.
- Some people who have purchased this milk frother have said that you can’t fill it with milk to the maximum line otherwise it spills. This means that you might be a bit restricted when it comes to how much froth you can make.
FROTH LABS Milk Frother For Latte Cappuccino & Hot Chocolate
This milk frother is ideal for a variety of hot drinks. It’s the best milk frother for lattes. Here’s what you should know about it.
- This milk frother makes foamy milk that’s either hot or cold. You can easily turn off its heating functions if you want to make foam for a cold beverage, such as a milkshake.
- This milk frother has a stainless steel cup that’s safe to wash in the dishwasher, which makes cleaning it up easy.
- For increased comfort when using it, this milk frother has a sizable spout and contoured handle that prevents you from spilling milk all over your countertop.
- It has non-slip rubber grips so it won’t move around when placed on the kitchen countertop. This also increases its safety around kids.
- This milk frother comes with a whisk attachment and flat-head frother so you can get the milk consistency and texture you want.
- People who have purchased this best milk frother for latte coffees have said that it’s very quiet, which is a bonus if you live in a small apartment or house.
- Some people who have purchased this milk frother have reported that it sometimes gives inconsistent results.
Fortune Candy Milk Frother
This is an easy-to-use milk frother. Here’s why it deserves a spot in your kitchen.
- This milk frother has an automatic shut-off feature, which keeps it safe if you forget to turn it off.
- It’s made of stainless steel which has a non-stick interior. This means this milk frother is durable as well as easy to clean.
- What you’ll love about this milk frother is that you can detach its pitcher. This makes it easy to pour the foam into your beverage.
- It will take about two minutes to froth milk without heating, and the result is deliciously rich, creamy foam.
- This milk frother will make enough froth for two to three cups.
- It works with a variety of milk types, including two-percent milk and almond milk. This is great if you’re vegan and want to enjoy non-dairy foam.
- One of the best features about this milk frother is that you can choose different settings when you want to warm up the milk. For instance, there’s a “hot froth” feature that will heat up your milk to approximately 150 degrees Fahrenheit, while the “warm froth” and “warm stir” functions will heat up your milk to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This best frother for almond milk is compact and looks stylish on your kitchen counter.
- Some people who have purchased this best milk frother and warmer have reported that it’s a bit noisy.
Zulay Original Milk Frother
Now that we’ve looked at three of the best milk frothers on the market, let’s explore two handheld devices. These are great for quick and easy frothing when you’re making coffee.
If you’re worried that buying a frother means it will be reserved for frothing milk, this Zulay frother is your must-have kitchen tool because it’s so versatile.
- This milk frother is an electric whisk so you can whip up delicious and artistic hot beverages whenever you feel like it – and it’s really easy to use.
- It works well to froth a variety of milk types, such as creamer, soy, cashew, and others. You can also use it on other types of dairy, such as butter.
- This milk frother can even be used to whisk eggs, so you’re going to get lots of use out of it!
- It comes with a metal stand to make it easy to place on your counter. When it’s not in use, it can fit into a drawer. This saves precious counter and storage space in your kitchen.
- This best home milk frother is easy to clean. Simply run it under cold water after use. Perfect for busy days!
- It comes in over 40 trendy colors so you’ll be able to find the perfect shade for your kitchen. They’re all stylish and beautiful, which will make you want to whip out your milk frother whenever you have guests at your home.
- People who have purchased this milk frother have reported that the company offers excellent customer service.
- This battery-operated milk frother requires two AA batteries, but they are not included.
- Some people who have purchased this milk frother have reported that its battery compartment doesn’t close properly when you try to install rechargeable batteries.
Bonsenkitchen Electric Milk Frother
This is another user-friendly and fun handheld milk frother, but how does it compare with the previous product on our list? Let’s see what it has to offer.
|Black, blue, gold, red, silver
- This handheld milk frother makes use of high-speed rotation so it ensures you can get delicious foam for your coffee (or do other tasks in the kitchen) really quickly.
- It’s a stainless-steel whisk for increased durability and has a BPA-free shaft so you won’t have to worry about exposure to chemicals.
- It’s a lightweight frother with an ergonomic handle that’s comfortable to use. This is especially great if you want to use it numerous times a day.
- Anyone can use this milk frother, thanks to how it has a one-touch switch. It’s easy and powerful!
- While it’s powerful, this milk frother doesn’t produce a lot of noise. This makes it ideal for small homes or when you’re whipping up delicious coffee in the morning when other members of your household are asleep.
- What sets this coffee machine apart from some others on the market is that it has an ECO system with an automatic shut-off feature. This means it won’t waste electricity when not in use or if you forget to switch it off.
- It’s battery operated and comes with two AA batteries included, which is a bonus. You can use it right out of the box!
- This frother’s stainless-steel shaft is easy to clean. Simply put it in soapy water or run it under the tap after use.
- This handheld milk frother comes in five trendy colors to suit your kitchen decor.
- It’s quite delicate and can become damaged easily, so that’s something to bear in mind when using it. You will have to handle it with care.
- Its on/off switch is located right at the top of the frother, which some people have said is a bit inconvenient to press during use.
Milk Frother FAQ
You might still have some questions about milk frothers, how they work, and if they’re really worth it.
So, with that in mind, let’s view some FAQs about milk frothers.
What’s so good about a milk frother?
As you know, a milk frother is an accessory that produces milk froth which can be poured into drinks like cappuccinos and lattes. By aerating the milk, a milk frother produces light yet thick foam.
If you want froth for your coffee, there are other ways in which you can achieve it. For example, you can whip up cream with a mixer.
However, a milk frother is much faster to use – you can get the creamy consistency of foam in no time at all, instead of wasting a lot of time that could be better used by enjoying your cup of delicious coffee!
Many of the best milk frothers on the market, such as the Huogary milk frother on our list of reviews, enable you to froth milk in under two minutes, so they couldn’t be more convenient.
Milk frothers are also very versatile. You can use them for both hot and cold beverages, and for hot and cold milk. This makes them ideal for drinks as well as desserts, and you can even use a milk frother when whipping up smoothies or protein drinks.
They’re also a great way to enjoy some latte art on your coffee, which will make you feel like you’ve purchased your drink at an expensive coffee shop!
Will a milk frother work with almond milk?
It’s usually said that whole (full-cream) milk is the best milk to froth. This is because it produces a creamy, thick cream and will give your coffee more volume and heaviness.
Since other types of milk, such as skim milk, are lighter, they won’t give you the same heaviness, but you can achieve larger foam quantities with them.
If you don’t drink dairy milk, such as because you’re vegetarian, you might want to try frothing almond milk. The good news is that you can certainly use a frother on almond milk.
Even though some frothers are said to work best with full-cream milk, that doesn’t mean you can’t use other types of milk with them to get the texture and creaminess you want for your cup of coffee. That said, there are some important tips to bear in mind when frothing almond milk.
For starters, you might have to froth your almond milk for a bit longer because it’s thinner than dairy milk, so be patient. Non-dairy milks are known for being more difficult to froth as a result of how they contain less protein. It’s therefore good to purchase almond milk that’s creamy and rich, as that will ensure that you get a better frothing result.
Since you might have to take a bit more time to froth almond milk, it’s probably best to avoid manual frothers as this can cause you to work up quite a sweat!
When purchasing a milk frother, look for descriptions that it works well with almond milk specifically so that you’re guaranteed of it working. For example, the Fortune Candy milk frother we featured in our reviews is said to work well with a variety of milks, including almond milk.
Can you froth cold milk?
You can certainly froth cold milk for your coffee or other beverages. In fact, keeping the milk cold is said to be ideal for frothing purposes. This is because of how milk becomes better aerated when it’s cold. This is also convenient because it means that as soon as you pull the milk out of the fridge, you can use it with a frother.
That said, you can also heat up your milk before frothing it. You just have to make sure that you do it enough so that it will be sweet, but remember that if you burn the milk it won’t froth well (via The Pioneer Woman). So, make sure you keep an eye on the milk temperature.
Note that when choosing the right temperature for frothing, this is only one element to consider. You also need to ensure that your milk is as fresh as possible. The older the milk is, the less effectively it will froth.
Do handheld frothers heat milk?
While heating milk isn’t usually a standard feature you’ll find on milk frothers, you can find ones that achieve this task. When you pour cold milk into the container, you’ll simply choose the setting for heating up the milk and the frother will get to work.
A milk frother usually heats up milk to approximately 150 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also find milk frothers that offer heating as well as warming functions.
An example is the Fortune Candy frother we featured in our reviews. It heats up your milk to around 150 degrees, while also having a “warm” feature that heats up your milk to around 100 degrees.
Now, if you have a manual milk frother, you can pop it in the microwave to heat up the milk, but you’ll just have to check that you can expose it to such extreme heat without it getting damaged.
If you want to take your morning coffee to a higher level of deliciousness, you should invest in a milk frother.
As we’ve seen in this guide, a milk frother is versatile and convenient while producing delicious hot or cold beverages.
After reading this article, you now know the best milk frothers on the market and what they have to offer so you can make delicious DIY creamy coffee right at home whenever you want.
What’s easy to forget about milk frothers is that they not only make your lattes and cappuccinos so much more delicious but they can be used for various other cooking and baking tasks.
Last Updated on November 2, 2021 by nihar