What’s a better way to start your morning than by enjoying a cup of coffee?
It gives you energy and comfort, and you probably look forward to having a delicious hot cup after waking up in the morning.
Do you need to own your own espresso coffee machine, though?
By investing in an espresso machine, you’ll have better control over the type of coffee you drink. It can also help you to save money.
Here’s our guide to the best automatic espresso machine, as well as some others that are worth considering.
So, quickly make a delicious cup of coffee and settle in to enjoy this buying guide!
Best Automatic Espresso Machine
Breville BES870XL Barista Express
This automatic espresso machine with a grinder included will ensure you never have to endure average coffee again. Here’s what to know about its features.
- It allows you to grind your own coffee beans so you can make DIY espresso in less than a minute!
- It has a precision conical burr grinder that enables you to have the perfect amount of coffee whenever you need it. No more wasting beans!
- It’s got a low-pressure pre-fusion that optimizes the amount of pressure it uses
- It has digital temperature control. The water will be at the perfect temperature to ensure excellent flavor extraction.
- It comes with a steam wand that lets you make your own microfoam milk. Let your latte art come alive!
- This espresso machine has a grind size dial. This is both intuitive and easy to use, even for beginners.
- Offers both manual and automatic operation, which further allows you to customize the machine to get the coffee you want.
- Although this espresso machine is made out of stainless steel, it does have some plastic parts.
- If you use the machine a few times a day, you will have to empty the collection tray very often.
De'Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica
This stunning automatic espresso machine looks like something you’d find in a high-end coffee shop. Let’s see what it has to offer.
- By making use of buttons, this machine’s control panel is user-friendly.
- 13 adjustable settings for grinding your coffee beans.
- It comes with a manual frother so you can produce delicious, creamy froth for your coffee every time.
- You can control the coffee temperature, density, and richness.
- It remembers the details of how you like your coffee, so you won’t have to keep adjusting its settings.
- Compact. Easy to store on your kitchen counter.
- It has an adjustable manual cappuccino system to mix milk and steam for cappuccinos.
- Some people who have purchased this automatic espresso machine have reported that it’s quite loud.
- Since the water tank slides into the machine horizontally from front to back, you might find that it spills water easily.
Philips 3200 Series
This best fully automatic espresso machine has all the features you need, and it’s especially ideal for you if you have a busy, stressful lifestyle.
- This espresso machine has an intuitive touch display which makes it easy for anyone to use.
- It’s got a 12-step grinder adjustment so you can make the kind of coffee you love every time.
- It comes with an aroma seal, which helps to keep the coffee beans fresher for a longer period of time.
- With its AquaClean filter, you’ll be able to make about 5,000 cups of coffee without having to descale the machine!
- Some parts of the machine are safe to wash in the dishwasher, which makes cleaning it a breeze.
- It has three temperature settings and three aroma strength settings.
- This machine has a classic milk frother that allows you to make delicious froth for your latte or cappuccino
- Made out of plastic
- It doesn’t look as stylish or professional as other coffee makers we’ve featured
Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine
This best super-automatic espresso machine is versatile, so it’s perfect for people who want to enjoy different types of coffee instead of being limited to one.
Let’s check out its features.
- This automatic espresso machine has a Pannarello wand for frothing lattes and cappuccinos. You can also use the wand as a hot water dispenser if you’re making tea.
- This machine has a drip tray, water tank, and dregs drawer that are all easy to reach for and accessible from the front.
- The machine makes use of button controls, so it’s easy and convenient to use.
- It’s also got an LED display with illuminated icons.
- It works quickly to make a cup of coffee and can be used to make coffee in various ways. You can use whole coffee beans or ground coffee without a problem.
- This machine makes use of the Brera’s Adapting System so that you can adjust how the coffee grinder works according to your preferences. It also has five grind settings.
- Some people who have purchased this automatic espresso machine have reported that it needs to be descaled quite often. This makes it a little high-maintenance.
- If you are using pre-ground coffee in this machine, you might be frustrated at how the hole for the grounds is very small, which can cause you to spill them.
If you’re looking for an automatic espresso machine with a few extra features and frills, this one is worth considering. Here’s what to know about it.
Here’s what to know about it.
- This coffee machine has a sophisticated LED panel that’s both intuitive and easy to use.
- It’s got a frothing mechanism so you can foam and froth milk. If you feel like you want a latte instead of an espresso, then you can enjoy it with this machine.
- It’s got a boiler/thermo block feature that ensures the ideal water temperature is maintained during the coffee-brewing process. This is important to guarantee that your coffee is delicious every time.
- It has a built-in coffee grinder that’s low on noise and has five grind settings. It’s also made of stainless steel to increase its durability. All of this contributes to why this coffee maker is considered to be one of the best fully automatic espresso machines you can purchase.
- You can use the hot water function of this machine to make other hot drinks, such as tea, which further increases its versatility. This is an important feature to consider if different members of your household enjoy different hot beverages.
- What sets this coffee machine apart from some others on the market is that it has an ECO system with an automatic shut-off feature. This means it won’t waste electricity when not in use or if you forget to switch it off.
- It has a coffee size memory function, so you don’t always have to adjust the machine according to your preferred settings. This is a feature you’ll really appreciate on busy mornings when you’re in a hurry!
- This espresso machine has a removable drip tray so you can use large mugs and cups if you like.
- The machine’s bean hopper can sometimes experience feed issues.
- This coffee machine requires cleaning on a weekly basis in order to ensure that it continues to work effectively.
Automatic Espresso Machine FAQ
Now that we’ve looked at some of the best automatic espresso machines on the market, let’s take a look at some important information you need to know to make the most delicious cup of coffee.
How do I choose a super automatic espresso machine?
If you love to make espresso at home, you might want to consider a superautomatic espresso machine. This makes it easier than ever to make your own coffee every morning.
You don’t have to worry about grinding beans or pulling shots of coffee manually. A super automatic machine enables you to make delicious espressos without it taking up a lot of time, so it’s perfect for frenzied mornings.
If you want to buy a super automatic espresso machine, you’ll have to look for some important features. These include the following.
- Bean hopper and water tank size. These are the most important features to consider as they determine how much coffee you can make before refilling the machine.
- Low noise. It’s always good to choose an espresso machine that makes it a joy to use. It should be as quiet as possible! This is especially important if you like making coffee early in the morning and don’t wish to disturb other members of your family.
- Easy to clean. You want your super automatic espresso machine to be easy to clean. Many have self-cleaning options, so look for automatic descaling and milk-residue eliminating functions as this will make maintenance a breeze.
- Compact size. You should choose a super automatic espresso machine that’s easy to store in the kitchen. You don’t want it to take up a lot of space, especially if your home is tiny.
- Frothing wand. If you want milky coffee such as lattes, you should look for a machine that has a frothing wand included.
- Cup warmer. If you want to keep your cup hot so that you don’t have to warm it up in the microwave before pouring your coffee, you’ll want to buy a high-end espresso machine that comes with a cup warmer included for increased convenience.
What’s the difference between a manual and automatic espresso machine?
A manual espresso machine gives you a lot of control over the type of coffee you make. You can use its steam wand to heat milk so you get it at the best temperature and consistency, and you can also adjust various other elements of the coffee-brewing process.
Everything, from how you grind the beans to how you operate the lever of the machine, can be controlled. By comparison, an automatic espresso machine makes it easier than ever to get the coffee you want in the way you want it every day.
You can still control some elements of the coffee-making process with an automatic espresso machine, though. For example, depending on the model, you might still be able to grind and tamp the coffee beans, but after that the machine will control the shot pulling.
As for super automatic espresso machines, they are highly automated. They will control the grinding and tamping of the coffee beans and pull the shot of coffee. Although they have programmable features, you won’t have the same amount of control as with other types of coffee machines.
Is Gaggia a Philips brand?
Gaggia was founded by Achille Gaggia. He patented the first modern espresso machine, which is why Gaggia is a renowned espresso machine manufacturer. Back in 1999, Gaggia was bought by Saeco. Then, in 2009, Saeco was bought by Philips. This means that Gaggia is considered to be a Philips brand.
Thanks to Gaggia’s potential, the Dutch multinational company ensured consistent investments would be made to develop the brand. Gaggia is a reputable brand that’s known for making both manual and fully automatic coffee machines.
Are expensive coffee machines worth it?
Before you shell out a lot of money for an expensive coffee machine, you might wonder if it’s really worth it. Here’s what to know.
For starters, it doesn’t matter what type of espresso machine you want to buy – your coffee beans are what will ultimately determine the quality and taste of your cup of coffee. So, before you decide on the type of espresso machine you want to buy for your home, pay some attention to getting quality coffee beans!
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider expensive coffee makers, though. They do have an edge over low-budget machines. To make a good cup of coffee, you need to ensure the machine reaches the right water temperature otherwise your cup of coffee will be weak and lack quality. A quality espresso machine will have effective heating elements that are made according to high standards to ensure this.
Expensive espresso machines will give you greater options to enable you to customize your coffee and they’re built to last because they make use of quality materials in their construction. You’ll find that cheaper espresso machines usually have plastic parts, which reduce their durability.
Before you spend money on an expensive espresso coffee machine that’s a bit out of your budget, make sure it’s worth it by checking its features. You want to ensure that it’s made of high-quality materials, such as stainless steel, and that it has strong heating elements.
It’s also worth ensuring that the coffee machine will fit into your lifestyle, such as by producing low amounts of noise and being easy to maintain as a result of how it doesn’t require regular cleaning. This will ensure you not only get a quality, well-built coffee machine but one that’s also user-friendly.
If you love drinking coffee regularly, you can save money by making it yourself at home. But choosing the best espresso machine is essential!
In this article, we’ve looked at the best automatic espresso machines on the market, featuring their most important features to help you find the best one for your coffee needs.
We’ve included fully automatic and super automatic coffee machines (as well as one that allows for manual operation if preferred!) so that you get the level of customization you want. Enjoy feeling like a barista in your own home!
Last Updated on November 2, 2021 by nihar