Choosing the best insulated French Press isn’t complicated if you know what to look for.
Don’t know the first thing about finding the best insulated French Press?
No worries. This review got you covered.
We’ll show you the best-rated insulated French Press to help you pick one that suits your style.
Enough talk already. Let’s get to work!
Best Insulated French Press
Mueller French Press 304
- If you really care about your coffee – We tested enough mechanisms and filters to make your head spin to tweak and uniquely design our press with a triple layered filter structure to stop the sediment, but let the yummy coffee oils through for a full-bodied delicious brew that will make you a very happy camper. And to share the java love, we give you a bonus matching travel canister that holds enough beans or grounds for two full batches.
- More thicker, More heavier, Built to last – Our huge capacity professional grade 304 18/10 double-layered stainless-steel baby will keep your coffee hot for 60 minutes longer than thinner steel and glass models. And it’s drop proof, rust proof, and probably bulletproof (be nice).
- Multiple Uses – Besides using the French Press as a coffee maker, it is also handy appliance to make tea, mct oil coffee, hot chocolate, cold brew, frothed milk, almond milk, cashew milk, fruit infusions, and plant and herbal drinks as it seals in their flavors and aromas
- Perfect for any occasion – For house warmings, weddings, birthdays, holidays and all coffee/tea lovers & healthy foodies! Two bonus stainless steel screens and the matching travel
- Made in China
The Mueller french press is a high-quality piece that is designed with a quadruple layered filter structure that is meant to trap and stop any sediment from passing through into your coffee.
This filter still allows all of the important oils that hold the amazing flavor to pass through and create a full-bodied brew. This Mueller french press is manufactured with a professional grade 304 18/10 double-layered stainless steel insulation casing that keeps liquids hot.
Can be used to make a variety of drinks both cold and hot, including tea, hot chocolate, cold brew, and more. To top it all off, The Mueller french press comes with a bonus matching travel canister that can hold enough beans or coffee grinds for two full brews.
This press has been uniquely designed with a highly effective, four-level filter structure that keeps all of the unwanted sediment out while ensuring that all of the flavourful oils are present to create a full flavor, incredibly tasty brew every time.
The Mueller french press features a professional grade 304 double-layered stainless steel casing that is designed to provide the best possible insulation to keep your coffee hot for well over 60 minutes longer than thinner steel or glass french press models.
This high-quality press by Mueller can do more than just brew coffee and can be used to seal in flavor and aromas to make delicious tea, cold brew drinks, frothed milk, and plant-based drinks.
Comes with a travel canister that will hold two full batches worth of coffee beans or grinds. Perfect for any occasion, and the total satisfaction guarantee on all parts and products makes this one of the best insulated french press options available today.
- Stainless steel design is sturdy and durable
- The four-level filter ensures a smooth drinking brew
- The double-layered casing provides maximum insulation
- Bonus travel canister for extra batch carrying
- Quality assurance provides total satisfaction promise
- Fine mesh screen requires significant force to filter grinds
- Lack of fluid measurements on the press for liquid tracking
Veken French Press
The Veken french press features an intuitively designed beveled lid that is 10 millimeters deeper than your typical press. It also comes with markers on the inside of the press for consistent and accurate measurements, as well as a spout market on the lid itself.
The Veken press boasts a German-designed anti-drip groove spout for maximum functionality. This french press features a stainless steel double-wall construction for high-quality insulation of liquids, while the handle and lid will always stay cool to the touch at all times.
The thick 304 stainless steel casing ensures high-quality durability and damage resistance. The Veken french press delivers a premium, high-quality product that deserves its spot as a top contender for the best insulated french press on the market.
The Veken press has inside measurement markers to ensure accuracy and consistency for your brews, as well as a spout marker that pinpoints the grooved spout pouring location for ease of use.
This press is designed with a double-wall, 304 stainless steel casing that will keep your coffee hot for longer than other non-insulated options. The thick stainless steel is incredibly durable and reduces the possibility of irreparable damage, ensuring that your press will last a long time.
Thanks to innovative technology the handle and lid will always stay cool to the touch, even immediately after a hot press, to ensure that users will never experience any nasty burns.
The incredible price, user-friendly functionality, and high-quality materials make this press a great buy.
- Beveled lid with spout marker for easy pouring
- Inside measurement markers for consistency and accuracy
- Double-wall 304 stainless steel for maximum insulation and durability
- Handle and lid stay cool to avoid painful burns
- Fast shipping
- Paint may peel off of surfaces
- Inside measurement marks wear off after use
- Dishwasher causes defects to the outside coating
- Reports of plunger handle coming loose
Coffee Gator French Press
The Coffee Gator French press is a high-quality product that features a vacuum layered stainless steel design intended to provide optimal insulation for your drinks.
This french press is constructed with a top-tier spring-loaded double filtration system that keeps sediment out while keeping the flavor in. With a pouring capacity of 34 ounces, the Coffee Gator can make enough coffee for four servings of coffee at a time.
The stainless steel design of this press insulates liquids and maintains their temperature for longer than other models. It also features a cool-touch handle to provide users with important burn protection.
The Coffee Gator French press provides a seamless brewing and drinking experience as one of the best insulated french presses available today.
The sleek design features vacuum layered technology and a high-quality stainless steel casing that delivers insulation that is beyond that of glass presses and other models, as well as a handy rust-proof finish!
The Coffee Gator features a double filter system that eliminates sediment while allowing all of the beautiful coffee oils to pass through and create an incredibly flavourful, full-bodied brew.
Equipped with a cool-touch handle for safety and convenience, this french press is durable, attractive, and easy to use. To top it all off, this model comes with a bonus canister for the convenient storing of your next batch of beans or grinds!
Definitely a great option for your coffee brewing needs.
- Sleek design & vacuum layered casing
- Stainless steel construction provides durability and longevity
- Double filter design for a quality brew
- Stainless steel double layer provides liquid insulation
- Comes with a bonus coffee storage canister
- Reports of delivery with oil stains from manufacturer
- Does not hold heat as well as others
- Brew size is sometimes inconsistent
- Dishwasher may cause coating to flake
Mixpresso French Press
The Mixpresso french press is crafted with high-quality 304 stainless steel on both the interior and exterior of the unit. The double-wall construction provides insulation to keep all of your drinks warm while the outside stays cool and safe to enjoy.
The Mixpresso french press features a three-layered micro-mesh filter that is easily disassembled and cleaned, as well as a variable touch handle for safety and convenience. The sleek mirrored finish gives this press an elegant aesthetic that will look great in any kitchen decor.
The Mixpresso french press deserves its place among the best insulated French presses on the market today. This press features a double-layered, inside and outside, 304 stainless steel casing that acts to insulate and keep drinks warm longer than other models.
This french press is designed with a three-layer, micro-mesh filtering system that gets rid of sediment and produces a full-bodied, fresh, and flavourful brew every time.
Alongside all of the innovative technology, the Mixpresso is designed with a sleek mirrored finish that will add a beautiful accent piece to any kitchen and any decor.
- Made with high durability 304 stainless steel
- Double-wall construction provides extra insulation\
- Triple-layer micro-mesh filter for high-quality brews
- The mirrored finish is fashionable and sleek
- Issues with pour spout functionality
- Reports of heat-releasing gaps in the unit
- Insulation is not as effective as other models
- Under delivers on total coffee brewing capacity
Stanley French Press
The Stanley french press is a well-constructed product that features a double vacuum insulation layer that keeps drinks warm for extended periods of time. This press has been designed with two layers of BPA-free 18/8 stainless steel walls to add insulation and increase durability and damage resistance.
The Stanley french press comes with a high-quality mesh plunger that is easy to clean and keeps all of the sediment out of your brew while allowing all the important oils in.
This french press model boasts a large 48 oz volume capacity, is designed with a wide mouth and ergonomic handle for added convenience, and is made up of parts that are all dishwasher safe.
The Stanley french press is among the best insulated French presses on the market today. Designed with innovative double vacuum insulation technology, this model promises to keep hot beverages hot for up to 4 hours and cold beverages nice and cold for up to 9 hours.
The double-walled, BPA-free, 18/8 stainless steel casing adds even more insulation capabilities, as well as provides a sturdy and highly durable container that can withstand even the harshest of conditions.
This french press is fully dishwasher safe, including the high-quality mesh plunger that will filter sediment and keep your brew clean and flavourful. With a 48 oz volume capacity, this french press is significantly larger and holds more brew than most other models.
The well-branded hammertone green color that adorns all Stanley products is recognizable and relatable and provides a natural, rugged aesthetic. The Stanley press is a great option for the self brewing coffee connoisseur.
- Extra-large volume capacity (48 oz)
- Double vacuum insulation technology
- 18/8 stainless steel provides extra durability & insulation
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Reports of parts arriving damaged
- The plunger is not fully active as a sediment filter
- Heat retention is not as effective as advertised
Insulated French Press FAQ
How Do I Keep My French Press Coffee Warm?
There are a variety of strategies that you can use to keep your french press coffee warm for longer periods of time. Some of these include:
- Transfer coffee to a thermos
- Use a double-walled carafe
- Use a thermal mug when drinking to retain heat
Aside from these more typical methods for keeping coffee warm after pressing, arguably the most effective and convenient strategy is to invest in a high-quality insulated french press.
These presses are designed with high-quality steel and innovative insulation technology in order to keep hot drinks hot for long periods of time.
We have discussed five of the best insulated French presses on the market, find which one suits your needs best and give it a try!
What Material Is Best For A French Press?
French presses are often made of one of two types of material that have proven to be effective for brewing and heat retention, either metal or glass.
These materials both have heat retention qualities, however, they differ in many ways and each has their own set of pros and cons. Let’s do a quick breakdown of these:
Metal French Press
- Highly durable and damage proof
- Heat retention and insulation is unparalleled
- Better suited for traveling & camping/outdoors
- Less potential to provide pleasant aesthetic/visual experience
- Coating may peel or fade after prolonged use
Glass French Press
- Classic functionality and feel
- Visually appealing/aesthetically pleasing
- Easy to replace carafe
- Glass presses are breakable and precarious
- Not well suited for camping/outdoors and travel
- Heat retention is short-lived
- Insulation is not as effective as metal presses
In the end, if you are not particularly interested in having the classic functionality and feel of a glass press, or are after a glass piece for your kitchen aesthetic, the metal french presses are superior.
Not only do they provide better heat retention and insulation, but they are also significantly more durable than glass presses, and can be taken on camping trips, hikes and other travels without worrying about damage.
Is French Pressed Coffee Better Than Drip?
The age-old comparison of french pressed coffee and drip coffee is one that always comes with heavy debate. Which method is better and why?
Let’s discuss this in brief detail by comparing a few of the important brewing/taste factors for both french pressed coffee and drip coffee.
- Brewing Time: Usually about 5 to 8 minutes from bean to cup. French presses need to have water boiled and be allowed to steep
- Ease of Use: French presses are not the easiest to use and require some sort of skill and/or tact to use properly.
- Capacity: French presses typically range from 2 to 8 single servings of coffee per brew, depending on the size of the unit.
- Taste: French presses offer more control over the variables that are involved in the flavor, richness and overall taste of the brew. Oils that are important for the best tasting coffee are virtually unfiltered when using a good french press, which provides a great-tasting cup!
- Brewing Time: The typical brewing time for a drip machine is between 5 and ten minutes, including heating and dripping.
- Ease of Use: Drip machines are designed to be easy to use. Simply heat your water, scoop your coffee and let it drip!
- Capacity: Drip filter coffee machines typically will make anywhere from 3-4 cups of coffee to upwards of 14 cups!
- Taste: Drip filter machines do not allow for much control over taste, if any at all. The paper filter that is used in these machines will trap and retain a lot of the oils that contain important flavor compounds, and as a result will produce brews that are arguably not as flavourful as they could be.
Should You Let A French Press Bloom?
Blooming coffee in a French press is something that prompts mixed opinions. Some say you should, while others say you shouldn’t!
Blooming your coffee will allow it to expel the carbon dioxide from the beans, which will as a result make them more susceptible to water absorption. In simple terms, this enhances the flavor of the coffee.
You can initiate blooming by pouring SOME of your hot water on the coffee grounds to facilitate gas release, before adding the rest of your hot water to the carafe.
There are some opinions in circulation that argue the fact that blooming a french press brew is not necessary, as the carbon dioxide will act to repel water from the coffee and result in a weaker extraction.
In general, blooming seems to be a recommended process, but you can test it out and determine whether or not it makes a better cup of coffee for you!
In this buying guide, we have described in detail five of the best insulated french press options on the market today. After considering all of the models at hand, we have decided that the Mueller French press is the overall winner based on a variety of important criteria.
We also discussed a number of frequently asked questions in regards to french presses, brewing techniques, comparisons, and other important topics. We hope this information can help in your pursuit of finding the perfect french press!
Last Updated on March 29, 2022 by Ashok Parmar